Relocating and moving house is a process that many of us tend to dread. It consists of contacting all the different companies you have a contract with, changing your address, cleaning your current home and contacting a removal company. And this is all on top of having to pack up all of your belongings. Here at Jacksons Removals, we’ve got you covered. Here are our top tips for packing…
- To ensure that you are properly prepared to start the process of packing, ensure you have the following basic supplies; small, medium and large boxes, tape, bubble wrap, old newspapers, markers and labels.
- It will be much less stressful if you begin the packing process well in advance of your moving date so that you can complete the move without the stress looming that you still have to pack some belongings.
- Start packing the belongings that you know you will not need over the next following weeks so that you can gradually complete the process. Pack away seasonal items such as winter coats if it is summer and Christmas decorations if it its mid-July as you will not need these before your removal date.
- When we move house, we tend to realise how much junk we have accumulated over the years that we don’t need. Take this as an opportunity to declutter your home and donate some unwanted belongings to charity.
If you’re looking for a removal company during the moving house process, contact Jacksons Removals! As the best removals Wirral has to offer, you can bet we will get the job done to the highest standard possible.
When you decide it’s time to move from one location to another, it is likely that you will call upon a removal service to make the whole process that little bit less stressful. There are two different types you can choose to go with and here at Jacksons Removals, we’re going to take a look into them and weigh up the pros and cons to make your decision easier…
These are the most common type of removal and is often used by individuals who have a lot of items to be moved. Here are a few of the pros and cons of this type of removal service…
- You won’t have to do a thing other than ensure that your items are packed, labelled and ready to be transported. A large removal service often entails the removal men loading the items into the van and taking them out and into the new place for you.
- Due to the amount of time, labour and man power needed to complete all these tasks, this kind of removal service tends to be more expensive than others however, it must be remembered that you are paying for a quality service.
Man with a Van Service
This is a straightforward type of removal and often includes a man with a moderately sized vehicle who helps you remove your items to a new location. Here are a few pros and cons of this type of service…
- This type of service tends to be much cheaper as they charge by the hour so it can be preferred for those looking for a service that won’t take up much time.
- The size of the vehicle is much smaller so if you under estimate the number of items you have, you may end up paying more money by the hour for a second trip.
Get in contact with the best removals Liverpool has to offer today with Jacksons Removals. We take pride in every job and opportunity which means you won’t be disappointed!
We understand that the moving process can be extremely stressful, and at Jackson’s Removals, we don’t want that for you and your fresh start- here are a few tips that should help the moving process become more lightweight.
- Pack early: The time it will take you to pack all your items depends on the number of people, the size of the house and the number of rooms. The easiest way to know how many days you’ll need to pack is by multiplying them together. For example, 2 people, 3 story house, 4 bed, 3 additional rooms. 2x3x4x3 = 72. This means you should need an estimated 72 days to pack 1 box a day. This is not an exact number, but you get the idea for the time you will need.
- Do not exceed the limit of 30 pounds per box: overloading a box cause make a moving day go from smooth to drastically terrible. Heavy box carrying can cause back injury or one of the boxes might not be able to withstand the weight causing it to break. Our tip is: Pack light items in large boxes and heavy items is small boxes.
- Start with rooms that are less needed: it makes sense to pack the items you don’t use, this will stop you from unpacking items you have packed away. We recommend you pack daily first. If you are moving around the summertime then the seasonal items you’re not using such as Christmas lights, garden tools, coats are items you should pack away first as you will not be using them.
- Declutter your house!: there are many ways to get rid of your unwanted items. Hold a garage sale or give your unwanted items to charity. There is also eBay, gumtree and many more sale apps, so your options are plenty. You can even give items away to family and friends that have always secretly wanted something of yours.
If you’re looking for a removal company to come a collect your belongings after you packed up, then contact us today. We are one of the best removals Wirral and Merseyside have to offer! We’d love to hear from you.
Moving can be an all-around stressful time. In fact, it happens to be the one time we realise just how much stuff we actually own and begin to question whether we actually need it all. Here at Jacksons Removals, we are the experts when it comes to all things removal related. Whether you are moving to a new office or a new home, we’re the guys who can help you get it done. As with any industry, several myths have become entwined with the truth and people don’t know what to believe anymore. Here are the top 3 removal myths and the solutions to fix them…
Myth: You should try to move on a Friday
Although there is no day set in stone for when it is best to move, the idea that a Friday is the better suited day often comes to mind because of the extra two days at the weekend, especially when you are moving house. Contrary to belief, moving on a Friday may increase van hire costs and could contradict work requirements. You should plan the days you will move in advance and try to allocate work holidays for the occasion rather than relying on the weekend.
Myth: You should leave packing until the last minute because you don’t know what you will need
This common myth tends to stem from television which portrays packing for a big move as carefree and easy going, where people see items being added to boxes last minute because the character ‘might have needed it’. In reality, leaving all the packing until last minute will cause unnecessary stress. To combat this, you should pack as early as possible and create a checklist so you know which items are where if you do happen to need them before leaving.
Myth: I can rent a van and move everything myself
Although hiring professional removal services appears costly compared to hiring a van and doing it yourself, you must keep in mind that you are also paying for a company’s time, materials and labour. It takes a considerable toll on professional movers who must carry all of your belongings out of one place, into the van and then into another place. Plus, having someone do all the hard work takes the stress of your shoulders, so what’s not to love?
With Jacksons Removals, you can be sure your belongings are in the best hands possible, after all we are the best removals Wirral has to offer! Get in contact today to find out more information!
At Jackson Removals we understand how stressful the moving experience can be, which is why we make it our mission to decrease your stress and leave the moving to use. Our previous customers have been very happy with our service, this is shown by a review by Angie: “Used Jackson removals for complete house move. Very professional and courteous. Arrived on time and took great care of my belongings. Would highly recommend this company. Took the stress out of moving day. Thank you.” Angie, Wirral – July 2015 This is great example as to why we are a great moving service.
There are many reasons why people move house:
- Need more space: People often outgrow their starter home and need to upsize to a larger house with plans to expand their family home with either children, pets, other family members or a house mate.
- Upgrade: Becoming restless at home is a common problem, with many people wanting to upgrade house to a more up to date or more desirable home.
- New job: A new job can mean moving/relocating to a different area. If the current distance is too far for you to travel to and from your new job is completely unfeasible. It may be beneficial to move to a more convenient home closer to you new job.
- Empty nest: When your kids are all grown up and have moved out of the family nest, many home movers choose to downsize to a smaller home because they no longer need all the excess space *with the added bonus of a smaller or even no mortgage payments!
- Renting: The Lease has ran out (or the landlord wants to sell the house) and you need to move to a new different property.
If you’re thinking about moving house for any of the reasons above or just because you need a change of location, Jackson removals are here to help, no job is to small or to big! We are one of the best removals Liverpool, Wirral and Merseyside have to offer.
What that means is, we are an experienced removal company, helping people move their goods from one site to another, from personal home goods to whole businesses.
We supply a superior removal service at a competitive price enabling us to continue building on our already established reputation. We cover all aspects of removals, and we are open 24 hours 7 days a week! Covering the Wirral, Liverpool, Chester and North Wales! If you are in any of these areas be sure to give us a call whenever you’re moving house or office.
We move things such as:
- House and Office
- Single items to full house/office move
- Local to Nationwide
We also offer services:
- Flat pack service
- Room to room service
We are additionally fully insured, so not need to worry about your items (as unfortunately we are aware sometimes accidents can happen on the road), we have them covered. We are a professional service so don’t worry about if your job is too big or small, we’re always be willing to help. Our team consists of friendly diligent removal specialists that have the knowledge and experience to handle all types of moves and situation. You can feel secure the day your move comes along that we will make it as run smoothly and stress free as possible.
Here are a few tips for when moving with us:
- Be sure to pack your boxes properly, so that they are full, lids close and can be taped up (If not, it makes stacking the boxes extremely difficult and damage to the contents may occur).
- Label all boxes with a brief description on the contents and which room you want them in in your new property. Both to save time and stress (especially when you need to make that all-important brew!
- Have a clear out! We cannot stress this enough. You’ll be surprised how many times we move a customer and they realise how much stuff they don’t use and will be selling or taking the tip AFTER they have paid us to move it to the new property, save money and time by doing it before you move!
If you’re thinking about moving be sure to get in contact with us, we are one of the best removals Merseyside has to offer. We’d love to hear from you.
Many people are still stuck with the mentality that moving yourself will be just as easy as hiring a removal company, with the added benefit of being able to save a small fortune in the process- however here at Jacksons Removals, we like to think there are more benefits to be found with a removal company. And we’re not only talking about the removal of stress you will unquestionably accumulate trying to move independently. Here are a few benefits of hiring a removal company…
- With a removal company, your belongings are in the best hands possible. All of the removal staff who handle and move your boxes are taught how to lift each item correctly to prevent injuries to themselves and any of the fragile items inside breaking. This means that you can rest assured without worrying that friends or family possibly could be dropping your belongings.
- When planned correctly, moving can take just one day depending on the amount and size of items you own. This is due to correct time management carried out by the professionals and the size of the vans available with a removal company. When you try to move yourself, it is likely you won’t be able to get your hands on a big enough van for one trip, meaning you will spend multiple days going backwards and forwards between properties. The task thus becomes a chore rather than simple and easy.
Here at Jacksons Removals, we like to reassure our clients that their belongings will be cared for as if it was our own property. That’s why we are the best removals Liverpool has to offer. Get in contact and take advantage of the benefits a removal companies offer today!
It can be agreed that moving is high on the list of the most stressful occasions people can experience in their life. If you think you have reached the peak amount of stress your life can throw at you, try moving house or office and you’ll know why most millennials are having a midlife crisis in their early 20’s. Here at Jackson’s Removal, we’ve got you covered! Here are our top tips for preventing unnecessary stress on moving day…
- Pack your essentials in separate boxes to the things that you considered everyday items. Clear plastic boxes are the best choices as it makes it easy to identify where each box should go and who the items inside belong to if labels happen to fall off.
- Save money on bubble wrap by packing delicate dishes and fragile items with your clothing and linen. This way, you pack two things at once whilst protecting your treasured items too.
- Write what is in each box and where they will go in your new building/home so that it is easy for the removal company to take your boxes to the right place.
- Find time to fit in a deep clean of your new house/building before all of your furniture and belongings arrive. This way you can rest easy knowing that your home is clean and tidy once the moving in process begins.
- Remember to change your address so that all of your letters are able to reach you without having to go through the landlord of your previous property all the time.
- If you have young children or pets, hire a sitter or find a friend so that you are able to move your items with ease without worrying where they are and what they are up to.
Here at Jacksons Removals, we know first hard how difficult moving can be which is why, as the best removals Wirral has to offer, we are here to take all the stress of your shoulders and place it on ours! We take over your removal experience so that you can sit back and relax knowing your belongings are in the best hands possible! Get in contact today to find out more information!
At Jacksons Removals, our aim is “Moving Made Simple”. As a removal company that is based on the Wirral in Merseyside, we strive to ensure that the process of moving from one location to another runs as smoothly as possible. After all, organising a big move is stressful enough without having to worry about the furniture too!
We like to think that Jacksons Removals offer clients a superior removal service, complete with competitive prices. This means that we can continue to form an establish reputation for our company. This simply means that what you think of our services qualifies towards our reputation, making our aim 100% customer satisfaction during every single job. A happy customer is a happy company!
Our team consists of friendly removal specialists who have the skills, knowledge and expertise required to safely handle every move you could possibly think of, including house and office removals and single items to full house moves. This leaves you with the peace of mind knowing that your belongings are in the best hands around.
We like to think our Unique Selling Point is our abilities to handle all aspects that removals require, including local to nationwide moves, room to room moves and flatpack services. On top of this, we are also fully insured and make it clear that no removal is too big or too small!
Just when you thought things couldn’t get better, we also offer a free quote! Just get in contact with the best removals Wirral has to offer with an accurate list of what needs to be moved and a member of our team will get back to you via phone, text or email!